Thursday, July 14, 2005

Airport Security Makes it Tough to Bike Tour

In the old days, airports had storage and lockers you could rent short & long-term. I called Hancock International Airport today and spent 30 minutes in automated voice menu hell before finally calling someone at the aviation department. Although she was very nice, she told me there would be nowhere to store my bike case for the three weeks I'm in NY. She transferred me to United Airlines (my carrier) who also told me they couldn't store my case. So, I called the Best Western (adjoining the airport), and Ron, an angel who happens to be the assistant manager (and who's mother is a senior olympian cyclist) very kindly said he would store my case for me and I could take the shuttle from the airport. Thank you Ron and Best Western!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?